Blood Lines - Eileen Wilks 3 or 3.5 stars, better than book 2

I'm losing steam reading this series. The multiple POVs and overly descriptive writing (I skimmed sometimes) are distracting as I try to immerse myself in this series. It's time to take a break.

In this installment, a magic wave hits hard on Earth causing multiple sightings of paranormal creatures. The Lupi clans are attacked, some slain, and Rule demon-poisoned. Rule's still recovering from his time in Dis. Rule and Lily display they are settled in the mate bond. Cynna and Cullen work together to track Cynna's old mentor, who may be responsible for summoning demons. Grandmother plays a larger role in Blood Lines.

There are interesting developments in this books that will most likely have me return to this series. I enjoyed Cynna, Cullen, and Grandmother (What is she?!!!) the most. Hopefully, Eileen Wilks will do something with Toby's character. For me, Lily and Rule (in Hell) were a bit boring in the last book, but that wasn't the case here. Their emotional displays were touching.

Overall, I'm glad I read this book. If I would have stopped at the last book I may lost interest in the World of the Lupi series. Like I said, I will take a break, and when the the next book is available from the library I will resume the series.

Side Note:
The magic waves crashing through the world remind me of the Kate Daniel's series. The multiple POVs and presence of the Lady seem like J.R. Ward's Black Dagger Brotherhood, in my opinion. What is different is the mate bond or the role of the Chosen. It is rare. The last Chosen was about 400 years ago. What will have me coming back for more is Cynna's development, the mystery of Grandmother, and Benedict. For some reason, I've glommed onto Benedict's character when so little is known. What is his tragedy? Why is it a cautionary tale to Lupi regarding the Chosen? I want to know. What will his HEA be like? So, I will be back.